Market Intelligence & Insight Case Study: Bunnings Warehouse
- Part of the Wesfarmers Group, Bunnings is the leading retailer of home improvement and outdoor living products across Australia and New Zealand.
- As at June 2011, it operates 194 Warehouse stores, 59 smaller format stores and 36 trade centres. It employs over 31,000 team members.
- The Right Group has provided brand counsel and market intelligence to Bunnings for 17 years.
- Bunnings requires up to date, timely and insightful market information to make strategic decisions regarding its brand and market opportunities.
- Bunnings requires market intelligence to ensure it maintains its market leadership position based on its key brand pillars; Lowest Prices, Widest Range and Best Service.
- As a market leader, Bunnings is also required to stay ahead of retailing trends in the home improvement and outdoor product market and be the first to market with new opportunities.
- The Right Group conduct regular brand monitoring surveys to assess the strength of the Bunnings brand across key markets, relative to key competitors.
- Ongoing projects include - Brand Health Tracking, Competitor Price Monitoring, Category Strength, Customer Insight and Satisfaction studies as well as additional ad hoc research as required.
- As a research partner for 17 years, we have an intimate working knowledge of the Bunnings business that enables us to go beyond basic reporting requirements and provide further extended information, implications and solutions to assist Bunnings in their decision making. We are not just an information provider, but a solutions partner.
- We provide highly cost-effective, quick turn-around research that assesses market opportunities and business challenges as required by Bunnings.
- Research information has been vital for Bunnings to be a market innovator and establish its position as market leader in the home improvement and outdoor products market.
- Our customised reporting provides insightful and useful information for Bunnings. Our reports do not sit on the shelf, they are used to make business decisions.
- Bunnings receives the highest quality research that is completed on time and within set budgets.
- Our long standing business partnership ensures that we are responsive to Bunnings’ needs and continue to add value to their business through strong business insight.